7.21.2008

Storms

I've been doing a bit of crying today and I kept playing this song over and over again on my cd player.

We are in just such a weird place in our lives right now and we're just not sure where to go from here.

We made the decision last week that Michael would work for his old boss on the West coast and he would travel for the next couple of years while he completed his accounting degree. Me and the kids were moving up to stay on my Dad's property to save money on rent so we can apply that to our massive debt and get it paid off by the time Michael was done with school.

He would then open his own accounting firm and we'd live happily ever after.

One problem, this "plan" sortof hinged on his company buying out another company in California and Michael would be busy converting those offices for the next 2-3 years...

They're having some hiccups with the buyout. His boss called him today and told him that he needed to take a position in Portland or Spokane, Wa. He'd be paid his salary through the end of the year but after that, his salary would essentially be cut in half. This is a "two-step back" move for him. Back out of management. It's nothing to do with his performance, they just have no where else for him to go right now.

Needless to say, this is NOT great news. So, we're trying to figure out what to do at this point.

I'm willing to do whatever God wants us to do but I'm still sick to my stomach. How do you make that go away?

So, could ya'll please pray for us.

Thank you.

P.s. I know that we got ourselves into this mess. Don't think I'm whining. I just feel deflated because now that we've made the decision to take care of things it feels like the rug has been pulled out from under us...

2 comments:

Becky said...

God has a plan!

Lexie said...

So sorry you are going through this difficult time. Praying for you...