10.16.2008

Something Smells Strange....

So, this last weekend I did something very strange. Strange for me that is. I got all dom-es-tick and decided to do some baking.




My family kept asking each other "What is she doing in there? What is that smell? Do you think she's making a dessert? What's she doing in there again?"




It was actually quite comical. Kindof like animals in an unfamiliar habitat, pacing around, hearing new sounds, smelling new smells.




Sad but true.




So, you wanna' know what got them all excited?

(Click on them for the recipe)



Pumpkin Muffins


These were pretty good. The kids really enjoyed them. I personally like the pumpkin bread recipe below a little better so I might try and make cupcakes out of it next time.


Sugared Pumpkin Seeds



These were super-duper good! We've always done the regular salt and roast but these are YUMMY! Try them. You won't be disappointed! I wish you could just buy the raw seeds somewhere without having to buy the pumpkin. We like them that much:)




Pumpkin Bread



This was a good recipe. Has lots of flavor. I altered slightly by using whole wheat flour only, adding buttermilk instead of orange juice, and adding walnuts.



I've got 2 more pumpkins that I'm hoping to get cut up and put in the freezer today and the seeds roasted. Housework is in need of some serious attention though since I've been sick for a week and Michael's now been down for 3 days.....


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow...these look terrific! I can't wait to try them out! My family loves Pumpkin anything! Thanks for the recipes!

Anonymous said...

Those look awesome!